Miso Ginger Dressing
This is one of my go-to dressings. I try to make my own salad dressings as often as I can to avoid the added preservatives, sugar, and so that I know what's going into it. It's easy to maximize flavour and nutrition when you use high quality ingredients, and maximal flavour means a little dressing can go a long way!
This asian-inspired dressing is full of flavour, but also pretty high in salt - something that's good to be aware of! It's a nice change from sweeter balsamic-based dressings.
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar (unseasoned)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, or other vegetable oil of choice.
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp honey or agave
- 1 Tbsp miso paste*
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium tamari or soy sauce*
- Approx. 2 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
*if you have Celiac disease make sure these ingredients are gluten-free
- Mince the garlic, grate the ginger using a zester or fine grater
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend for ~ 30 seconds until thoroughly mixed
- Transfer to an air-tight container and store in the fridge for up to a week
I really like this dressing on my Omega Lunch Salad, but it also goes well on mixed greens with grated carrots and beets with grilled tofu and cilantro.